School & Student Insurance Reminder

Parents are reminded that Timboon P-12 School and the Department of Education and Training does not provide personal accident insurance or ambulance cover for students. Parents and guardians of students, who do not have student accident insurance/ambulance cover, are responsible for paying the cost of medical treatment for injured students, including the cost of ambulance attendance and/or transport and any other travel costs incurred.


Student accident insurance/ambulance cover policies are available from some commercial insurers, and can be obtained by parents or guardians for individual students.


Timboon P-12 School and the Department of Education and Training cannot advise parents or guardians on whether to purchase a student accident policy or ambulance cover, or which policy to purchase. It is recommended that they seek assistance in this matter with their insurance broker or find a suitable personal accident insurer online.


Personal Property

Personal property is often brought to school by students, staff and visitors. This may include mobile phones, iPads, laptops, calculators, toys, sporting equipment and cars parked on school premises. As Timboon P-12 School or the Department of Education and Training does not hold insurance for personal property brought to schools and has no capacity to pay for any loss or damage to such property; students, staff and visitors should be discouraged from bringing any unnecessary or particularly valuable items to school. 

© Copyright 2024 Timboon P-12 School