Why we study Home Economics:
Students need to be able to:
- Acquire knowledge about food and nutrition.
- Understand the relationship between food and health.
- Learn the correct procedures and methods for working effectively in a kitchen environment.
- Gain skills in making wise food choices based on learnt information.
- Read, interpret and implement instructions to successfully undertake food preparation.
- Develop practical skills in the preparation of food.
- Exercise respect and tolerance to fellow students.
- Work constructively either individually or in groups.
- Accept responsibility for their actions.
- Develop planning and organisational skills.