School History

Timboon Consolidated School opened its doors in 1948. It wasn’t until 1960 that the High School became a separate entity. In 1995, Timboon Consolidated School and Timboon High School were reunited to become known as Timboon P-12. In 1996, a new staff and administration centre was opened to cement the two former schools as one. The primary and secondary campuses were connected by a covered walkway. Common bell times were introduced to allow for cross-sector teaching and the school was organised into three subschools (P-4, 5-8 and 9-12) under the care of subschool leaders. As numbers changed, our current structure of two sub-schools was implemented. Our P-6 under the care of an Assistant Principal and our 7-12 of another Assistant Principal. In 2010 a school/community library was opened. This 900sqm facility is an extremely valuable resource for both the school and the community and highlights the positive partnership that exists between the school and the Corangamite Shire. The 21st Century continues to present exciting educational opportunities for Timboon P-12 students.

Click here for history information sheet

© Copyright 2024 Timboon P-12 School