Bus Travel at Timboon P-12 School
Bus travel at Timboon P-12 is supported by a number of policies and procedures.
Code of Conduct for Bus Travellers
Bus Eligibility guide for Parents
Bus Captain Role Statements
School Bus Policy 2016
Public Transport Victoria will be implementing the School Bus eligibility program for all schools in the Corangamite Shire in 2015. This will impact on new families who do not have our school as their closest government school. This information has been amended after further discussions with Student Transport and Family Allowance Branch.
To find out if your child is eligible click on this link: School Bus Eligibility Guide
A few quick facts:
- If you live 4.8 Klm’s from the school, you can still catch the bus for free as long as there is spare seating. (This is the same condition that has applied for many years).
- You can still choose the school you would prefer to attend, but you will have to pay if the school is not your closest government/non-government school.
- An application form (For all students ) will need to be completed before 2015 and parents/guardians will have to agree to the conditions if they are to use the bus system
- VCE students are exempt, but all other students will pay from 2015 unless they are travelling to their closest school or the students reside 4.8 Klm’s from a bus route to their closest school.
- For all students that are either, new students (including siblings of existing students) or joining the school from another for the first time – apply the policy – fares must be collected (when required).
- Current students (those on the buses now) are allowed, while at their current school, to remain with free travel. If the student moves to secondary school from primary, changes address or school etc. the new policy will apply.